Friday, June 25, 2010

ESV Study Bible

Okay, so I wanted to take a minute to put my plug in for the ESV Study Bible.
First of all, the ESV translation is one of the most popular and widely used bibles today. It is a great literal translation that stays true to the original languages while using contemporary and easily-understandable language. The ESV Study Bible is an immensely wonderful resource and tool. Written and edited by a star-studded list of pastors and theologians such as Wayne Grudem, J.I. Packer, Justin Taylor, and John Piper, this is - in mine and many other's opinions - the best study Bible available to date. In addition to the thorough commentary throughout, it is filled with numerous helpful articles, charts, tables, time-lines, outlines, and more.
One of the coolest features, though,(and probably my favorite part) is that it comes with access to the online version(try it out here) which includes everything found in the printed version along with some really nice and helpful features. I use this any time I am reading and love it.
So, if you don't have one yet, go get one now! It's worth every penny(and more). The best place I've found to buy it is on desiringgod.org.
*Here's what some people have to say about it.


No comments: