Thursday, June 24, 2010

God's Passion for His Glory

So for my first post I thought I'd share something not my own. I'll do this often with the men that I am learning from since I am by no means a scholar or preacher, and they will many times be able to communicate truth far better than I could here.

John Piper is one of my favorite pastors and theologians. He preaches the Word unashamedly and with great passion and heart. He has written many books on a great deal of theological topics, all being very practical and applicational in nature while still being rooted in deep theology and Biblical exegesis. Here is a sermon by him that I was greatly encouraged and taught by. This idea is one which Piper talks and writes about over and over and is a profound truth that should encourage you in your walk with God and direct you to greater worship and appreciation of Him.
*Piper's book The Pleasures of God is a great book I would highly recommend that goes into great depth on this topic.

No comments: